Arlington: For hikers approaching the AT connections on Kelley Stand Rd./Stratton-Arlington Rd. from the west, Arlington is the last town where services can be found. Most are either on or close to Vermont 7A including a couple of campgrounds, a health center, several restaurants and inns, and a couple of motels. A veterinarian is also there.
Besides the businesses listed above, Arlington also has a number specialty shops and studios. We’ve listed nine farms and ten historic sites in town. A Normal Rockwell exhibition is also located there.
Did you know? In 1777, Arlington became the first capital of the Vermont Republic, an independent nation until Vermont was admitted into the Union as the 14th state in 1791.
Arlington Food & Dining
* Restaurants, Diners, Cafes, Bars & Taverns
* Fast Food Joints, Pizzerias, Delis & Coffee Shops
* Ice Cream Shops, Bakeries & Candy Stores
* Grocery Stores
* Convenience Stores
* Farm Stands & Specialty Food Stores
* Liquor Stores & Tobacco Shops
Arlington Lodging & Camping
Arlington Emergency & Medical
Arlington Hiking Essentials & Transit
Arlington Pet Care
Cars, Bikes & Mechanical Things
Arlington Information & Services
* Post Offices & Shipping Centers
* Government Offices & Community Centers
* Tourist Information Centers & Travel Agencies
* Places of Worship & Meditation
* Hair Salons, Nail Salons, Tanning Salons & Day Spas
Arlington Things To Do
* Activities: golf, skiing, swimming, boating, etc.
* Museums, Botanical Gardens & Zoos
* Historic & Noteworthy Sites
* Events: fairs, festivals, sports venues, etc.
* Parks & Nature Preserves
* Farms, Stables & Wineries
* Guide Services & Self-guided Tours
Arlington Things To Buy
* Department Stores & Clothing Boutiques
* Specialty Shops & Miscellany
* Discount Stores & Thrift Stores
* Antique Stores & Flea Markets
* Art Studios & Galleries
* Greenhouses, Garden Centers & Florists