Enfield: Lying east of Lebanon and southeast of the AT in Hanover, Enfield is somewhat removed from the trail. However, for those with a sense of history, a visit to this town would be a welcome diversion.
Enfield is best known as the home of the Enfield Shaker Museum, and the buildings on the campus of the museum are some of the best remaining examples of that religious society’s architecture. In addition to the Shaker museum, Enfield has a number of businesses on both US Rte. 4 and NH Rte. 4A and in the downtown just off US 4.
Did you know? Between 1766 and 1784, Enfield was renamed “Relhan” after Dr. Anthony Relhan, a promoter of sea-bathing as a curative.
Enfield Food & Dining
* Restaurants, Diners, Cafes, Bars & Taverns
* Fast Food Joints, Pizzerias, Delis & Coffee Shops
* Ice Cream Shops, Bakeries & Candy Stores
* Grocery Stores
* Convenience Stores
* Farm Stands & Specialty Food Stores
Enfield Lodging & Camping
Enfield Emergency & Medical
Hiking Essentials & Transit
* Outfitters & Sporting Goods Stores
* Hardware Stores
* Airports, Railroads & Bus Lines
* Dry Cleaners, Tailors & Shoe Repair Shops
* Public Showers
Enfield Pet Care
Cars, Bikes & Mechanical Things
* Gas Stations
* Alternative Fuels: Electric, Biodiesel, CNG, etc.
* Propane Suppliers
* Auto Repair & Auto Body Shops
* Auto Parts Stores & Salvage Yards
* Car Washes & Auto Detailers
* RV, ATV, Off-road & Marine Supply & Repair Shops
* Bicycle Repair & Rental Shops
* Small Engine Sales & Service Shops
Enfield Information & Services
* Post Offices & Shipping Centers
* Government Offices & Community Centers
* Tourist Information Centers & Travel Agencies
* Places of Worship & Meditation
* Hair Salons, Nail Salons, Tanning Salons & Day Spas
Enfield Things To Do
* Activities: golf, skiing, swimming, boating, etc.
* Museums, Botanical Gardens & Zoos
* Historic & Noteworthy Sites
* Performing Arts Centers
* Events: fairs, festivals, sports venues, etc.
* Parks & Nature Preserves
* Farms, Stables & Wineries