Lanesborough: Despite the fact that the AT does not run through Lanesborough, this town is a major gateway to the trail since Rockwell Rd. in Mt. Greylock State Reservation connects to US Rte. 7 here. Several restaurants, a couple of motels, a couple of campgrounds and a combined grocery and hardware store are all located in Lanesborough. Mt. Greylock Visitor Center is on Rockwell Rd.
Lanesborough is home to Berkshire Mall which has numerous clothing and specialty shops. In addition to the motels and restaurants noted above, US Rte. 7 also has a couple of golf courses.
Did you know? Between 1902 and 1923, Lanesborough was home to Berkshire Pleasure Park, a trolley park built by Berkshire Street Railway. Trolley parks were built at the end of trolley lines to encourage people to ride the trolley on weekends.
Lanesborough Food & Dining
* Restaurants, Diners, Cafes, Bars & Taverns
* Fast Food Joints, Pizzerias, Delis & Coffee Shops
* Ice Cream Shops, Bakeries & Candy Stores
* Grocery Stores
* Convenience Stores
* Farm Stands & Specialty Food Stores
* Liquor Stores & Tobacco Shops
Lanesborough Lodging & Camping
Lanesborough Emergency & Medical
Lanesborough Hiking Essentials & Transit
Lanesborough Cars, Bikes & Mechanical Things
Lanesborough Information & Services
* Post Offices & Shipping Centers
* Government Offices & Community Centers
* Tourist Information Centers & Travel Agencies
* Places of Worship & Meditation
* Hair Salons, Nail Salons, Tanning Salons & Day Spas