Lincoln: Home to Loon Mountain and the western gateway to the Kancamagus Highway (NH Rte. 112), Lincoln is a major commercial hub to anyone approaching Franconia Notch from the south or Kancamagus Highway from the west. For anyone going to those areas, there are very few places to purchase supplies after you’ve gone past Lincoln. The town has numerous lodging options, eating establishments and outfitters. There is also a veterinarian and a number of tourist attractions and activities.
Besides being a key location to obtain supplies, Lincoln is also important to hikers for several reasons. First, three separate sections of the AT are located in Lincoln. The southern section is between Mt. Wolf and Franconia Ridge, the middle is between Twin Mountain and Zeacliff Trail (south), and the northern is between Zeacliff Trail (north) and Kedron Flume Trail. Second, Lincoln is where the trailhead for the Lincoln Woods Trail is located at Lincoln Woods Visitor Center. That trail is the gateway to the AT between Franconia Notch (US 3/I-93) and Crawford Notch (US 302). Finally, the 7-Eleven store in downtown Lincoln is a stop for both Concord Coach Lines and the AMC Hiker Shuttle. Anyone wishing to hike the White Mountains and leave their cars at home will most likely use this stop to do that.
Did you know? Flume Gorge is an 800′ canyon with granite walls of 70′ to 90′. In places they are 12′ to 20′ apart.
Lincoln Food & Dining
* Restaurants, Diners, Cafes, Bars & Taverns
* Fast Food Joints, Pizzerias, Delis & Coffee Shops
* Ice Cream Shops, Bakeries & Candy Stores
* Grocery Stores
* Convenience Stores
* Farm Stands & Specialty Food Stores
* Liquor Stores & Tobacco Shops
Lincoln Lodging & Camping
Lincoln Emergency & Medical
* EMS, Fire & Police Stations
* Chiropractors, Massage & Physical Therapists
* Opticians, Optometrists & Hearing Aid Specialists
* Alternative Medicine Practitioners
* Fitness Centers
Lincoln Hiking Essentials & Transit
Lincoln Pet Care
Cars, Bikes & Mechanical Things
* Gas Stations
* Alternative Fuels: Electric, Biodiesel, CNG, etc.
* Propane Suppliers
* Auto Repair & Auto Body Shops
* Auto Parts Stores & Salvage Yards
* Towing Companies & Locksmiths
* Car Washes & Auto Detailers
* RV, ATV, Off-road & Marine Supply & Repair Shops
* Bicycle Repair & Rental Shops
Lincoln Information & Services
* Post Offices & Shipping Centers
* Government Offices & Community Centers
* Tourist Information Centers & Travel Agencies
* Places of Worship & Meditation
* Hair Salons, Nail Salons, Tanning Salons & Day Spas
Lincoln Things To Do
* Activities: golf, skiing, swimming, boating, etc.
* Museums, Botanical Gardens & Zoos
* Historic & Noteworthy Sites
* Movie Theaters
* Performing Arts Centers
* Events: fairs, festivals, sports venues, etc.
* Parks & Nature Preserves
* Guide Services & Self-guided Tours