Newbury: Located on the west bank of the Connecticut River, Newbury has two main commercial centers: Newbury and Wells River. The latter is across the river for the village of Woodsville in Haverhill (NH), and combined form the most substantial commercial area between Hanover/White River Junction/Lebanon and St. Johnsbury.
Newbury has an inn, a motel, a laundromat, a walk-in clinic, a veterinarian and several restaurants. There is a tourist information booth near the bridge between Wells River and Woodsville, and another at the truck stop near the I-91 entrance ramps.
Did you know? Prior to European settlement, Newbury was home to a village of the Penacook tribe called Cowass or Cowassuck, meaning “place of pine trees.” This tribe referred to the entire Connecticut River Valley and Lakes region by this name.
Newbury Food & Dining
* Restaurants, Diners, Cafes, Bars & Taverns
* Fast Food Joints, Pizzerias, Delis & Coffee Shops
* Ice Cream Shops, Bakeries & Candy Stores
* Grocery Stores
* Convenience Stores
* Farm Stands & Specialty Food Stores
Newbury Lodging & Camping
Newbury Emergency & Medical
Newbury Hiking Essentials & Transit
Newbury Pet Care
Cars, Bikes & Mechanical Things
Newbury Information & Services
* Post Offices & Shipping Centers
* Government Offices & Community Centers
* Tourist Information Centers & Travel Agencies
* Media: print, radio & TV
* Places of Worship & Meditation
* Hair Salons, Nail Salons, Tanning Salons & Day Spas