Orford: The AT crosses New Hampshire 25A in Orford. This town is also where trailheads for the Daniel Doan Trail and Kodak Trail, and the Baker Rd. crossing of the Cross Rivendell Trail are located.
Orford has two campgrounds, two libraries and two restaurants. There are several other services as well. Most are located on either New Hampshire 25A or New Hampshire 10.
Did you know? In 1832, Washington Irving wrote of Orford: “In all my travels in this country and Europe, I have seen no village more beautiful than this. It is a charming place – nature has done her utmost here.”
Orford Food & Dining
* Restaurants, Diners, Cafes, Bars & Taverns
* Fast Food Joints, Pizzerias, Delis & Coffee Shops
* Grocery Stores
Orford Lodging & Camping
Orford Emergency & Medical
Orford Hiking Essentials & Transit
Cars, Bikes & Mechanical Things
Orford Information & Services
* Post Offices & Shipping Centers
* Government Offices & Community Centers
* Places of Worship & Meditation
* Hair Salons, Nail Salons, Tanning Salons & Day Spas
Orford Things To Do
* Activities: golf, skiing, swimming, boating, etc.
* Museums, Botanical Gardens & Zoos
* Historic & Noteworthy Sites
* Parks & Nature Preserves
* Farms, Stables & Wineries