Pomfret: The AT crosses six roads in Pomfret. South to north they are: Stage Rd., Totman Hill Rd., Bartlett Brook Rd., Cloudland Rd., Pomfret Rd. and Joe Ranger Rd. In addition, the Joe Ranger Access Trail is also there.
Most businesses in Pomfret are located along Pomfret Rd.. A convenience store, fire station and art gallery are at the intersection of Pomfret Rd. and Stage Rd. Cloudland Farm, near the AT’s crossing at Cloudland Rd., has a reservations-only restaurant. Suicide Six ski area is on Stage Rd.
Did you know? The first rope tow at Suicide Six ski area, opened in 1934, was powered by a Model T engine.
Pomfret Food & Dining
* Restaurants, Diners, Cafes, Bars & Taverns
* Convenience Stores
* Farm Stands & Specialty Food Stores
Pomfret Lodging & Camping
Pomfret Emergency & Medical
Hiking Essentials & Transit
Pomfret Information & Services
* Post Offices & Shipping Centers
* Government Offices & Community Centers
* Places of Worship & Meditation
Pomfret Things To Do
* Activities: golf, skiing, swimming, boating, etc.
* Historic & Noteworthy Sites
* Performing Arts Centers
* Parks & Nature Preserves
* Farms, Stables & Wineries