Royalton: While not particularly close to the AT, Royalton still plays a significant role for the trail segment between Killington and the Connecticut River. Exit 3 off I-89 is the gateway to many of the trail connections in this region, especially for those approaching from the north. Also, the Royalton Barracks of the Vermont State Police provides police services for many of the small communities in this area.
Royalton is home to the Vermont Law School, the only law school in Vermont, and as such the village of South Royalton has a “college town” feel to it. You’ll find several restaurants and fast food establishments there. In recent years, several businesses, including a pharmacy and a veterinarian, have opened in North Royalton on Vermont Rte. 107 near Exit 3. This is also where the State Police barracks is located.
Did you know? In 1780, Royalton was the site of the Royalton Raid, the last major British raid during the American Revolution.
Royalton Food & Dining
* Restaurants, Diners, Cafes, Bars & Taverns
* Fast Food Joints, Pizzerias, Delis & Coffee Shops
* Ice Cream Shops, Bakeries & Candy Stores
* Grocery Stores
* Convenience Stores
* Farm Stands & Specialty Food Stores
* Liquor Stores & Tobacco Shops
Royalton Lodging & Camping
Royalton Emergency & Medical
* EMS, Fire & Police Stations
* Chiropractors, Massage & Physical Therapists
* Opticians, Optometrists & Hearing Aid Specialists
Royalton Hiking Essentials & Transit
Royalton Pet Care
Cars, Bikes & Mechanical Things
* Gas Stations
* Alternative Fuels: Electric, Biodiesel, CNG, etc.
* Propane Suppliers
* Auto Repair & Auto Body Shops
* Auto Parts Stores & Salvage Yards
* Towing Companies & Locksmiths
* Motorcycle Repair Shops
* RV, ATV, Off-road & Marine Supply & Repair Shops
* Small Engine Sales & Service Shops
Royalton Information & Services
* Post Offices & Shipping Centers
* Government Offices & Community Centers
* Tourist Information Centers & Travel Agencies
* Places of Worship & Meditation
* Hair Salons, Nail Salons, Tanning Salons & Day Spas
Royalton Things To Do
* Activities: golf, skiing, swimming, boating, etc.
* Museums, Botanical Gardens & Zoos
* Historic & Noteworthy Sites
* Parks & Nature Preserves
* Farms, Stables & Wineries