Williamstown: While the AT has no crossings in Williamstown and goes through it for only a short distance, Williamstown is still a major trail town because of its proximity to the AT’s crossing of MA Rte. 2 in North Adams. Williamstown lies to the west of this crossing. Several restaurants, motels and other services are located on Williamstown’s eastern edge making them fairly accessible to the trail. More services are located farther west on Water St. and Spring St. in downtown Williamstown.
Williamstown is home to Williams College giving this community a decidely “college town” feel. Being the most northwesterly of towns in Massachusetts, Williamstown is also the gateway to both New York (via MA Rte. 2) and Vermont (via US Rte. 7). While overall there are more services in North Adams, Williamstown has nearly as many and has far more motels and other lodging options.
Did you know? Williams College has been ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the best liberal arts college in the country for the past 15 years.
Williamstown Food & Dining
* Restaurants, Diners, Cafes, Bars & Taverns
* Fast Food Joints, Pizzerias, Delis & Coffee Shops
* Ice Cream Shops, Bakeries & Candy Stores
* Grocery Stores
* Convenience Stores
* Farm Stands & Specialty Food Stores
* Liquor Stores & Tobacco Shops
Williamstown Lodging & Camping
Williamstown Emergency & Medical
Williamstown Hiking Essentials & Transit
Williamstown Cars, Bikes & Mechanical Things
Williamstown Information & Services
* Post Offices & Shipping Centers
* Government Offices & Community Centers
* Tourist Information Centers & Travel Agencies
* Places of Worship & Meditation
* Hair Salons, Nail Salons, Tanning Salons & Day Spas
Williamstown Things To Do
* Activities: golf, skiing, swimming, boating, etc.
* Museums, Botanical Gardens & Zoos
* Historic & Noteworthy Sites
* Movie Theaters
* Performing Arts Centers
* Events: fairs, festivals, sports venues, etc.
* Parks & Nature Preserves
* Farms, Stables & Wineries
* Guide Services & Self-guided Tours