Wilmington: Lying to the east of the AT’s crossing at VT Rte. 9, Wilmington is a last major commercial center for those approaching the AT from I-91 and other points from the east. Regional bus service to Wilmington has a stop at the Rte. 9 crossing. While Wilmington doesn’t have as many services as Bennington (which lies west of the AT), it still has a vibrant downtown with several shops, inns, motels and restaurants.
Downtown Wilmington was nearly destroyed by flooding from Tropical Storm Irene several years ago, however most of the businesses have been able to reopen since then. Wilmington is also the southern gateway to Dover and the Mt. Snow ski area. Wilmington is the hub of the MOOver bus (Deerfield Valley Transit) which provides transit to Brattleboro where there is a Greyhound connection and an Amtrak station.
Did you know? In 2010, a blizzard dumped 54″ of snow in Wilmington, the most recorded in a single snowstorm in Vermont history.
Wilmington Food & Dining
* Restaurants, Diners, Cafes, Bars & Taverns
* Fast Food Joints, Pizzerias, Delis & Coffee Shops
* Ice Cream Shops, Bakeries & Candy Stores
* Grocery Stores
* Convenience Stores
* Farm Stands & Specialty Food Stores
* Liquor Stores & Tobacco Shops
Wilmington Lodging & Camping
Wilmington Emergency & Medical
Wilmington Hiking Essentials & Transit
Wilmington Pet Care
Wilmington Cars, Bikes & Mechanical Things
* Gas Stations
* Alternative Fuels: Electric, Biodiesel, CNG, etc.
* Propane Suppliers
* Auto Repair & Auto Body Shops
* Towing Companies & Locksmiths
* Motorcycle Repair Shops
* RV, ATV, Off-road & Marine Supply & Repair Shops
* Bicycle Repair & Rental Shops
* Small Engine Sales & Service Shops
Wilmington Information & Services
* Post Offices & Shipping Centers
* Government Offices & Community Centers
* Tourist Information Centers & Travel Agencies
* Media: print, radio & TV
* Places of Worship & Meditation
* Hair Salons, Nail Salons, Tanning Salons & Day Spas
Wilmington Things To Do
* Activities: golf, skiing, swimming, boating, etc.
* Historic & Noteworthy Sites
* Performing Arts Centers
* Events: fairs, festivals, sports venues, etc.
* Parks & Nature Preserves
* Farms, Stables & Wineries
* Guide Services & Self-guided Tours
Wilmington Things To Buy
* Malls & Downtowns
* Department Stores & Clothing Boutiques
* Specialty Shops & Miscellany
* Discount Stores & Thrift Stores
* Antique Stores & Flea Markets
* Art Studios & Galleries
* Greenhouses, Garden Centers & Florists